Welcome to the Positive Outlier Academy
This is the place where positive outliers are nurtured, honoured and encouraged, where anyone can become a positive outlier. Here you will find progressive resources designed to help you achieve extraordinary results with your change projects and programmes, resources such as:
- Our unique and powerful skill acquisition path giving you clear guidance on what to focus upon next
- Quick Wins - short how-to resources to help you get unstuck ... because you haven't got forever
- Community forum of like-minded change leaders and other outliers sharing candid hints and tips about what works for them and what doesn't
- Cutting edge online learning programmes on personal mastery, people engagement and leadership that build your confidence
- Access to world-class one-on-one coaching
- Live members-only webinars, Q&A sessions, and recordings
Unlike most leadership academies and project management groups, the Positive Outlier Academy focuses the few key high-leverage areas of skill that give a disproportionately positive outcome. The Academy focuses on these key skill areas rather than content, content, content. Work on these few areas and your results will speak for themselves.
Author, Coach & Facilitator
What is a Positive Outlier?
- Consistently achieves results that outperform the average
- Builds and protects healthy margins and boundaries in their life
- Is a rule-breaker, someone who does not necessarily follow common practice
- Is an influencer and can get people to buy-in to their ideas
- Has a positive, growth mindset
- Exmines their own practices and self-talk regularly, owns them, corrects and enhances them
- Does fail occasionally, but learns from it and moves on
- Chooses powerfully
- Inspires others to become a positive outlier
- Generates hope
- Lives and works to their fullest potential.
A Positive Outlier is NOT:
Someone who is:
- Consistently experiencing indifferent performance and outcomes from their work
- Conforms and follows the rules
- Inhibited by fear from engaging people who matter
- Carries a poverty mindset, that this is as good as it gets and other people are to blame
- Fails and treats failure as evidence that they are a failure
- Afraid of making big decisions
- Overwhelmed by busyness and stress
- Lives with regret.
Core Members' Area
The members' area is the heart of the Academy, with all the mainstream resources at your fingertips. Here you can connect with like-minded change leaders and project managers.
Effective People Engagement
A unique online course
If you want to lead people through change in a better way, join this unique six module online coaching experience.
A better way to influence those around you
Based on the definitive book, Practical People Engagement: Leading Change through the Power of Relationships, this course demystifies the whole subject of how to involve and engage key people and groups in a project.
Even if you don't work in any formal project context, you will find this short course empowering in improving your influencing skills with your colleagues, clients and customers.